Wednesday 23 March 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: Spring Bird Houses

Hello, I hope you are having a good week so far!

Here on the Isle of Wight the weather has been lovely the past few days, actually feeling quite warm, but as is usually the case when a bank holiday approaches the weather is due to take a turn for the wet tomorrow!

So to keep us thinking sunny thoughts I have decorated some lovely little bird houses from my MDF stash.

I started by coating all my pieces with white gesso (I use Finnabair's heavy white as I love the coverage and a pot seems to last me a long time)...


To make them a bit different I added some light modelling paste to each using a different stencil...


Once this had dried I chose a selection of chalk paints from Cosmic Shimmer as well as some Pebeo paints that I had and painted all the bird houses and the small pieces that go with them...


To finish off I added a touch of gold Pebeo gilding wax to all the pieces then stuck them together using glue gel.  Thin velvet ribbon was then used to hang them...






 
 
They were all very simple to make but a bit time consuming due to the amount of painting!  I am hoping to have these on sale at some of my craft fairs, but if not I think they will make a nice addition to my white tree that usually sits in my hallway, especially when I make up some of the rest.
 
Hope to see you Friday,
 
Jane x 

No comments:

Post a Comment