Wednesday 6 April 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: Daisy Delights!

Hello and I hope your week has been wonderful so far!

I have had a lovely start to the week getting nice and painty with some bright spring like colours.

My project today is being entered into the following challenges...

* IndigoBlu Challenge Blog - Pink, Yellow and Green
* Fantasy Stampers - In The Springtime
* Country View Challenge Blog - Spring
* That's Crafty - All Things Bright and Beautiful
* Craft Stamper - Spring Flowers
* More Mixed Media - Yellow

My main inspiration were the colours as I have just got the latest pots of cottage paints from IndigoBlu - Marshmallow, Lime Marmalade and Lemon Meringue, they are so gorgeous I really wanted to use them and they go really well together.  For me the start of spring makes me think of daisies growing in the grass.  I have always thought it was a lovely sight, so decided to use the 'Colour Me Daisy' stamp as my focal image as well as a daisy based sentiment from the 'Enjoy Life' set (both from IndigoBlu). 

I wanted to make a large canvas in a decorated frame to be a colourful statement piece for the wall, so started by putting the 3 colours down onto a 12" x 12" canvas board and then spritzing with water to blend them together...

 
 
Using the Vintage Flourish stamp, flitterglu was stamped onto the canvas and then gold gilding flake added...
 
 
To add some more dimension I used Golden Pink and Spearmint sparkle paste from Imagination Crafts through 2 different IndigoBlu stencils...
 
 
 
I then created a piece of coloured card for the main daisy stamp to go onto by painting a piece of white card in the same way as the canvas then spritzing.  Once it had been thoroughly dried I heat embossed the daisy stamp 3 times with gold powder.  These were cut out with a rounded square die and matted onto some vintage gold card.  The daisy sentiment was heat embossed straight onto the same gold card then all 4 pieces placed onto the canvas using glue gel...
 
 
 
I felt that I wanted some extra elements to add to the canvas so used the same paint again to paint 3 sheets of card and then stamped the vintage flourish using gold ink.  Once this had dried I cut flowers out using a daisy die from Heartfelt Creations as well as some leaves.  I shaped the flowers before sticking them together and adding a gem to the centres.  When I put them against the canvas they seemed too bright and clashed a bit with what was there so I added some gold spray and gilding wax and then splashed on some watered down Goldfinger paint as well.  This helped to tone it all together better. 
When the flowers had been stuck down I looked through my bead stash for yellow, pink and green beads of different tones and sizes.  These were then added in amongst the flowers and finally a splash of green micro beads added...
 
 
 
I also took some close up photos before framing just in case the glass in the frame meant I couldn't take any pictures very well...
 


 
To frame the piece I painted a pine coloured frame using white gesso then dry brushed using Goldfinger paint.  The frame was finished with a bit of gilding wax to age it before adding a few finishing touches.  On another sheet of card with the same 3 paints I stamped the Big Butterfly (IndigoBlu) using versamark and heat embossed with gold powder.  This was then cut out and stuck to a corner of the frame with 3 other flowers.  Here is the final piece...
 







 
This will be hung somewhere in my house, just got to decide where now!!
 
I will be back on Friday with a new project, I think it may have a bit of a black and gold theme.
 
Enjoy the rest of your week,
 
Jane x 

No comments:

Post a Comment