Tuesday 24 May 2016

Design Team Tuesday: Butterfly Gift Bag

Hello!

Last week Leonie Pujol launched a new set of rubber stamps that are themed around the idea of flight and freedom.  So today I am posting a few extra pictures of one of the samples that I made for the shows on HOCHANDA.  If you missed any they should still be available on catch up via the website
https://www.hochanda.com/

This was a gift bag that I created using the butterflies from the 'Flight to Freedom' set along with a sentiment from 'Off She Flew'...


I have quite a few gift bags in my crafty stash as I sometimes decorate them for craft fairs and I also find them handy for sudden presents that I need to give!  So this seemed like a good alternative to a card to make.

First I wanted to create some texture in the background for the butterflies to sit upon so chose the dry stone wall textures embossing folder.  The wall colour was created by using some grey toned Spectrum Aqua pens and water onto white cardstock.  Then versamark was added to the inside of the folder before putting the card through my die cutting machine.  I then added aged silver powder and heated it.  The idea was to just have powder where the versamark had been pressed in but because the ink had still been a bit damp there was a more random, distressed look which I decided I quite liked!  I then matted and layered it onto kraft card before adding to the front of the bag...


The colour for the butterflies was created by using brusho powders spritzed with water.  Every time I do this I am amazed by the way they burst into life, love them!! 
I made sure this time that the card was properly dry and used my anti static bag before stamping and embossing the butterflies with silver detail powder.  These were then cut out...


I chose the sentiment to match the butterfly theme and also thought that it would be relevant for a gift for someone moving on in a job or new beginnings etc.  I stamped the sentiment the same way as the butterflies and then hand cut the strips before sticking to the bag...


I like the combination of silver with purple tones so this was one of my favourite samples!
If you would like more ideas or to see more samples from the shows please do take a look at the other design team members blogs as well as Leonie's...

* Leonie: http://leoniepujol.blogspot.co.uk/
* Nick: http://nickinbarnsley.blogspot.co.uk/
* Katrina: http://cornishkat.blogspot.co.uk/
* Elaine: http://cakecoffeefcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

I will be back tomorrow with another post so please pop by to see what else I have been making!

Jane x



No comments:

Post a Comment