Wednesday 1 June 2016

Altered Eclectics: Monster Medicine!

Hello!

I am back today with a Wonderful Wednesday with a slight difference as it is also the start of a new challenge over at Altered Eclectics.  Please do pop over for a look and maybe even enter the challenge.

For my design team project I decided to alter a glass bottle.  This was a bottle that my daughter received as a present and had used all the bubble bath from, but because it was such a lovely shape with flat sides that are great for altering I saved it from the recycling bin...


I recently used the Monster Mash stamp set by Dylusions to make a couple of projects and it has reminded me of why I bought it, because it is such fun!  So when I decided to alter the bottle I wanted to do something totally different to what I would normally do and decided that it was going to be a bit of a fun and cheeky design.

I started by painting the bottle with white gesso to provide a good base for the paste and paint that I wanted to use.  Then using the mini well rounded stencil from TCW I added light texture paste, waiting for each side to dry in between applications...


Whilst this was drying I stamped out the different parts from the stamp set that I wanted to use then coloured them using Spectrum Aqua pens.  They were then coated with glossy accents and left to dry.  I chose a Dylusions sentiment that I felt went with the theme, especially as I had now decided this was going to be a monster medicine bottle...


Once the texture paste was dry the bottle was painted with two coats of lime marmalade paint from IndigoBlu...


Finally I stuck all the pieces in place using glue gel and added a piece of ribbon to finish the bottle off...






I think this would be great to put on a work desk for when things were getting too much!!

I will be entering this project into the following challenges...

* Crafting From The Heart - #114 Anything Goes
* Love To Create - #11 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes

This set never fails to make me smile so I hope it has brightened your day too!

There is a slight change of schedule this week as instead of Friday I will be posting a project on Saturday, but hopefully you will still be able to come by to see what it is all about,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment