Monday 4 July 2016

Mixed Media Monday: Butterfly for Leonie

Hello!

I hope you have had a lovely weekend and found some sunshine to enjoy!

Thank you to my followers and the people who come by to read by blog and especially the lovely comments, I really do appreciate your support x

I am sharing a step by step today of one of the projects that I made as part of the Leonie Pujol design team.  When I get any craft products I am always think about ways to use them beyond cards as I tend to be quite an eclectic crafter!  That is why I love stamps in particular as they are so versatile.  So today I have for you a piece of home décor in the form of a decorated MDF butterfly...


I started with the base of that I had bought from the MDF man at Ally Pally a couple of years ago...


I always coat with white gesso first to create a good base and to prevent too much ink etc. sinking into the MDF.  Then I embossed a piece of white card with the bubble explosion folder and also cut a few of the extra bubble pieces from the bubble funky heart die set.  The embossed pieces were then torn to provide a more subtle edge and they were then stuck to the MDF using mod podge...


Using spray inks in shades of purple I tried to create an ombre type effect on the butterfly, although I like the way that the inks often do their own thing...


The next product used was the script stamp which was stamped using versamark then embossed with gold detail powder to capture the image crisply.  I also added some gold Pebeo gilding wax to highlight the texture of the embossed areas...


I then cut the butterfly that comes with the folk heart base die three times and used the same inks that had been used on the plaque to colour them all differently.  Glossy accents were then used to give them a shiny coat and also to provide a bit more durability, and I also sprinkled in a little bit of glass glitter whilst the glaze was still wet...


Using the block word stamps I decided what I wanted as my sentiment then stamped in a dark purple ink onto vintage gold card.  These were then hand cut out and arranged on the plaque and a piece of dark purple ribbon added for a hanger...


Finally the three butterflies were added...




This was one of my favourite projects to make as it combined 3 things I really love...
mixed media, purple and butterflies!!

There is more inspiration for ways to use Leonie's new products on her blog and also the other design team members.  We all have different styles of crafting so please do go and take a look as they are all fantastic!

* Leonie: http://leoniepujol.blogspot.co.uk/
* Nick: http://nickinbarnsley.blogspot.co.uk/
* Katrina: http://cornishkat.blogspot.co.uk/
* Elaine: http://cakecoffeefcraft.blogspot.co.uk/


I will be back tomorrow with another step by step, this time the pop up box card that was shown during the shows, I hope you will be able to come by and take a look,

Jane x





No comments:

Post a Comment