Tuesday 13 December 2016

Bird Song Icon

Hello!

I am back today with a mixed media piece that I made a while ago but have not shown as it was an article in the Mixed Up Media online magazine last month.  If you love mixed media this magazine is a new online publication with a wide variety of projects and tutorials, many interactive, if you are interested in finding out more you can click on the link at the top left hand side of this blog.

As the new issue has now been released I think it is ok for me to show you what I made!

I really enjoyed using my decoart paints on this as well as lots of other mediums, I even used some stamps that I carved myself after seeing how easy and fun it was in Kate Crane's 'Journal Soup' (an online class that is available from her ETSY store, click HERE to go straight there).

I decided to decorate a wooden icon from IndigoBlu as it gives you so many surfaces to play with. Here is the view when it is opened up...


There is  mixture of stencilling and stamping in the background as well as marks made with bottle tops etc.
When closed here is the front and the back...




There is also some gelatos and liquid pearls added for extra colour and texture.

Finally a couple of close up photos...



I love Dina and Dyan's stamps from Ranger, and they seemed to go together well.

There is more info about this project plus some photos of how to carve a stamp in the article that is in issue 2 of the Mixed Up magazine if you are interested to read a bit more.

I will be back on Friday with a special mixed media project that tries to capture some winter magic!!

Hope to see you then ,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment