Saturday 28 October 2017

Happy Halloween for Bee Crafty

Hello!

As it is almost Halloween I thought I would create a seasonal card for my post today on Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog...

 
The recent All Hallows collection that was on HOCHANDA is ideal for this type of project and I decided to recreate one of my previous samples but with different products and a much lighter style.
 
The products used were...
 
 
I started by stamping the skull background onto a piece of watercolour card and embossing it with white powder.  The brusho powders were then sprinkled over the image (orange, purple and emerald green) and spritzed with water.  I lifted the excess off with kitchen roll and added more powder where I thought it was needed...
 

 
 
I matted the card onto orange, green and purple to coordinate with the colours before moving onto the other pieces.
 
I created the bottle and sentiment in the same way as the background, but when I wiped the pieces some of the powder smeared into the embossing, however I decided I quite liked the effect and decided to leave them.  These were then cut out and added to the card...
 

 
For me this was quite a simple card but I think that the skull background is so lovely it does not need too much adding to it.
 
Thank you for looking and don't forget to put your clocks back tonight!!
 
Happy crafting,
 
Jane xx


No comments:

Post a Comment