Saturday 10 February 2018

Love is in the Air Art Journal Page for Bee Crafty

Hello!

As it is almost Valentine's Day I decided that this week on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog I would share with you a heart filled art journal page...


I started by using a palette knife to apply white gesso to the page then some crackle paste in areas...


Next I applied some pink tones using watercolour pigment sticks, adding extra across the crackle paste to get a deeper colour into the crackles.  I used the same shades of acrylic paint, applying it in patches with my fingers and then added in some blue for a bit of contrast...


For my background I then added some stamping.  I used two of the texture border stamps with a blue and pink archival inkpad and the XL script stamp (one of my go to stamps!) with black archival.  For even more interest I then used the heart d'inkable with white gesso and added a few white splatters...


For my focal points I wanted some big and bold hearts, so I stamped the 3 different sizes of style wire hearts onto card with archival ink and after cutting them out added paint then some of the script stamp.  When they had been stuck to the page I coated them with glossy accents and whilst still wet added fine glitter and a chunky glitter to them...


Once these had dried over night I decided that I wanted the hearts to become balloons so drew in the strings and then stamped the Love sentiment onto a piece of card which was coloured with paint to match the page...


A last touch of extra sparkle was then added using a clear sparkle pen to areas of the page.

Here are the links to the products used...

* Backdrop Frames - Style Wire Hearts
* Backdrops - XL Script
* Backdrop Borders - Texture Borders
* Wordage - Love
* D'Inkable - Hearts

Thank you for taking the time to look, happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment