Wednesday 1 August 2018

Altered Eclectics: Crazy Bird Journaling

Hello!

I hope you are having a fab summer (if it is summer where you are) at the moment.  The weather here has certainly been way above average for us and amazingly we are now already in August!

A new month so a new challenge over at the Altered Eclectics challenge blog and a big thank you to those who entered last month, it is lovely seeing such a variety of projects and styles.  As always the challenge is anything goes altered art or mixed media BUT no cards or ATC's, please click HERE to go over to the challenge blog to find all the details.

This month I decided to alter some pages in my art journal.  It was a spread that I had already started a while ago, but my background had got very busy and I wasn't liking it at all, so I decided to cover it up with some white gesso and alter the pages...


What I really liked was that although I covered the background the gesso still allowed it to show faintly through which added another dimension.  I used Dylusions paints with stencils and focussed the bright green around the edge of the pages.  After this I used my posca and uniball pens to add some doodling, then put some paste through another stencil for a bit of extra texture...


As the page was quite bright and abstract I decided that the Tim Holtz crazy birds would be perfect so chose three which I stamped and die cut, these were then coloured with watercolour markers.  I chose some accessories and did the same with these, adding some Decoart liquid glass and also to the birds eyes...


The sentiment was one from Dyan Reavley which I stamped and cut up before adding to the pages...


The final touch was a little more doodling to give the birds a perch each.  In the end what had been a page that I wasn't at all happy with became one which I love, so the sentiment was really true!

Happy crafting and do please check out the challenge, it would be great to see your projects,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment