Friday 7 September 2018

Creative Artiste: Altered Mask

Hello!

The first Friday in September means it is time for a new challenge over on the Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge...


Thank you for all the fabulous entries we received last month, to find out who was chosen as the winner and for the top three please visit the challenge blog HERE.  This month our prize sponsor is Wow!...


For my project for this months challenge I decided to decorate a paper mache mask that was in my stash...


I started by preparing the base using gesso, sand texture paste and crackle paste.  Once dried I used a range of fluid acrylics, antiquing cream and gilding wax to create an old and rusty look...


Next I used the Bee Crafty XL script stamp and Wow gold embossing powder to add some extra details to the mask...


Some Tando Creative cogs, nuts and bolts were painted then I used a range of different embossing powders in my stash to colour them.  Some of the gaps were then filled in with micro beads...
 

Finally I chose a few words from the Tim Holtz Big Chat stickers and added these to the mask.

Thank you for looking and please do take a visit to the challenge blog, it would be great to see your creations.  Happy crafting!

Jane xx


No comments:

Post a Comment