Saturday 17 November 2018

Autumnal MDF Wreath for Bee Crafty

Hello!

This week on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog I am sharing one of my samples from this weeks HOCHANDA shows...


This project was created using the medium sized wreath from the MDF pack as well as some of the MDF flourishes and one of the words. 

To get the flourishes to fit exactly where I wanted I trimmed some of the parts using a strong pair of scissors then sanded the cut edges. 

The background of the wreath was created using crackle paste and then spray inks along with gilding wax to highlight some of the texture. 

The flourishes were painted and then had liquid pearls added to create extra details.

I also wanted to be able to use the centre part of the wreath so cut a piece of heavyweight acetate to the size needed then coloured it using alcohol inks. 

Once it had been stuck to the back of the wreath I could then use it for my wording...


The leaves were created by stamping from both the oak and maple leaf sets. 

I started by colouring some card using distress oxide inks then stamped over the top with an archival sepia pad. 

Once I had cut them all out they were coated with glossy accents to create a sheen and also to make them more sturdy.

When I had added the wording to the centre I felt I needed to add more texture to the wreath so used microbeads, beads and more liquid pearls around different parts, adhering them with glue gel for a strong stick...


The products used were:

* Beautanicals - Maple Leaf Set
* Beautanicals - Oak Leaf Set
* MDF - Wreath Set
* Distress Oxide Inkpads
* Archival Inkpads

If you would like to see Bev and Sam's demos from the shows they will be available for a couple of weeks on rewind, please visit the HOCHANDA website to find the link.

Thank you for looking and happy crafting,

Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a stunning wreath design and color.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete