Friday 21 June 2019

Butterfly Moments with Hunkydory

Hello!

A few weeks ago I was surprised and excited to receive an e mail form HunkyDory crafts asking if I would like to review some of their products on my blog so of course I said yes!!

Full disclosure - I was able to choose some products to be sent to me to use and give my honest opinion about.  Although these products were received for free I will only ever give my honest opinion and I am only going to comment on the products I used, I will not be comparing them to any other similar products available. 

The first project I made was an art journal spread as I wanted to try out the prism powders in different ways.  I made a video of the process and you can watch that by clicking on this link:
https://youtu.be/G_yYYDTCSM0


The stamp sets I chose were 'Tattered Trims' and 'Butterfly Wishes'.  These are clear stamps that stick straight to an acrylic block or stamping platform and are really good for easy positioning.  They stamp really crisply for an excellent impression.  Within my journal I used the 'Tattered Trims' as background stamps for added texture and interest, they work well as whole stamps, or you can stamp with just parts for a more distressed look.  The butterfly set has a variety of sizes and style of butterflies as well as some lovely sentiments that could be used for many occasions.  The butterflies are also not too fussy for cutting out which was what I did with them for my spread...


The stencil I chose is a lovely generic pattern that is suitable for many different types of projects.  In the journal I used it with texture paste, which gave a nice deep layer and then with paint, but it could also be used for spritzing, inks or many other mediums as it cleaned up easily.

The Prism powders that I chose were set 3 and contain the colours: Sepia Splendour; Brilliant Burgundy; Radiant Rose.  The colours are beautiful and these powders go such a long way!  They are able to be used in many different ways.  In my journal I sprinkled and spritzed which gave me an array of different colours within the one powder and once they started to dry you could really see the pearlescent colour on the page .  I mixed some with clear texture paste to create a more solid colour.  By mixing them with water I was able to create a watercolour paint and also used them to colour some fabric...


As the stamps had mostly been used for the background in the journal I wanted to try them out with black ink to see how well they stamped so also made a card and an ATCoin...


With these projects I wanted to show the depth and crispness of the stamping impression so stamped into embossing powder which I had coloured with the prism powders...



The black ink for the sentiment also shows how they create a really clear impression.
I stamped the butterfly twice to layer it up for a more 3D look, but these stamps could be used in so many ways.

Although I have created a very vintage feel with my projects these would equally suit fresh, bright colours... which I may try for another blog post!

Overall I really loved the style of the design of the stamps and stencil and the quality was excellent.  I enjoyed playing with the prism powders and am looking forward to finding even more ways to use them.

HunkyDory have a wide range of stamps and stencils amongst other products on their website https://www.hunkydorycrafts.co.uk

Here are the products that I used...
I have really enjoyed using these products in my projects and will definitely be creating more with them soon!

Thanks for looking and happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment