Saturday 6 July 2019

'Expressive Circles' Art Journal Spread for Bee Crafty

Hello!

This week on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing some art journaling with you...


This spread was one that I did with no expectations or idea of how it would develop when I first started.  I went with the flow and did what I felt as it emerged!
 
To begin I applied acrylic paint in circles starting from the centre and moving outwards, then I spread it with a brush and my fingers, adding extra colours as I wanted.
 
Once I was happy with the main base I used the alternate circles inkable with black gesso then once that was dry added doodling with my white posca pen...
 
 
Next I felt like adding stamping and decided to stick with the circle theme.  I used one of the style wire borders as fronds emerging from the centre then added parts of the circle border stamp.  To create a brighter look I used colourful paint pens and I thought this made the border stamping look like pieces of washi tape which I really liked...
 
 
Finally I needed to add some focal elements and as the background was so bright and abstract decided that the doodle butterfly would be ideal.  I stamped and cut them out and used the same paint pens to colour them.  I did not want an actual sentiment but as soon as I looked at the creative words stamp set, 'expression' seemed perfect as it reflected how I felt about the spread...
 
 
This was one of my favourite art journal spreads to create and if art journaling is something you feel you would like to try I would say just go for it, there are no rules and it is really freeing and enjoyable!
 
Here are the products I used:
 
 
Thank you for looking and happy crafting!
 
Jane xx
 




No comments:

Post a Comment