Monday 26 August 2019

'Mandala Card' with HunkyDory Crafts

Hello!

Today I am sharing a new project I have created using some HunkyDory Crafts products that I was fortunate enough to be able to choose and be sent.

Full disclosure: I have been given these products to review for free and to keep, however any views I have are my own and will be totally honest.

To go with the products that I have previously received (there are previous blog posts and YouTube videos) I decided to choose a set of dies, mandala stamp and a set of pigment powders.

For this project I used the set of Moonstone dies (Marvellous Mandalas) and set 4 of the Prism powders and I made a video showing the process on my YouTube channel, link is below...

https://youtu.be/bmfIYPS8Asw


I started by cutting the mandala corner 4 times on my manual die cutting machine so that I could create a circle.  It is an intricate die so I did have to turn each section 90 degrees and run it through a few times but it cut out the mandala perfectly from watercolour cardstock.  I poked out the pieces with my pokey tool but they would fall out well with a die brush.

The Prism powders look quite pastel in the pots but when they are activated with water the colours are beautiful and bright with a lovely pearlescent shine.  I didn't cover the entire die cuts or disturb them too much as then you can get a more speckled effect where you can see the different colours of pigment, but when I coloured the flowers I used a brush to blend them more and this gives you a solid watercolour paint effect...


Within the die set you also get two different sized flowers and butterflies as well as some leaves, this makes them ideal for layering up and create lovely focal points to a project...


I also like to use the pigment powders in a slightly different way and previously I have mixed them with clear embossing powder to create a coloured embossing powder but this time I sprinkled a small amount into the embossing whilst still molten to create some gold speckles...

 
The dies are great quality and cut well both with watercolour and stamping cardstock.  I have also cut some from vellum which I will use in my next project.
 
The powders are really versatile and highly pigmented so a little goes a long way!  They are pearlescent and this really shines through to give them a lovely quality.
 
As I felt that adding the mandala stamp into this project would have been too much, I will be creating another blog post and video soon to show how that can be used along with the powders as well.
 
Here are the products I used which you can click on to link directly to the website. 
 
 
For the whole range you can also look here at:
 
 
I really enjoyed using these products and hope you will pop over to look at the video too...
 
https://youtu.be/bmfIYPS8Asw

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!
 
Jane xx


No comments:

Post a Comment