Saturday 21 September 2019

'Snowflake Blues' For Bee Crafty

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing with you a card that developed from some ink spray play...


Like most crafters there are times for me when I am not sure what I want to make and at these times I usually find that the best thing to do is something!  So when I didn't know what to do this week I decided to just grab a piece of glossy card stock and a couple of Dylusions ink sprays (bubble gum pink and calypso teal) to see what would happen.

I sprayed the inks onto the card then blotted and wiped away the excess using a piece of kitchen roll...


At first when I looked at the background I thought I would use the wildflower silhouette stamps in a dramatic black but wanted to add some texture first, so I pulled out my texture discs and chose one that appealed to me before stencilling through with white gesso...


Once I saw the effect I revised my idea and decided that this was now a wintry, snowy background and got out my Doodle Art Snowflake set.  I used some of the smaller snowflake stamps and the text (I love text stamps!!) with the Archival inkpads in distress colours...


To create some texture and add some sparkle I then used the snowflake d'inkable with silver glitter paste...


I always like to create a focal point to my projects so stamped the 2 largest snowflakes, cut them out and coloured them using Faber Castel Pitt markers.  To match the silver snowflakes I added a silver gem to the centre of the smaller one...


Finally I layered these images up and added them to the card along with a sentiment from the Everyday Christmas sentiments with a few more gems to finish the project...



To make this card I used the following products:

* Yuletide - Doodle Art Stamps Snowflake (regular)
* Yuletide - Everyday Christmas 1
* D'Inkable - Snowflakes
* Texture Discs Set 1
* Dylusions Ink Sprays
* Tim Holtz Distress Archival Inkpads

I hope you enjoyed finding out about my project and that you get time to have a play with some crafty goodies this week, happy crafting!

Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. Really love your background and the layered snowflake. TFS

    ReplyDelete