Wednesday 20 November 2019

'Floral Memory Dex Cards' with HunkyDory Crafts

Hello!

Well winter has well and truly arrived here on the Isle of Wight as I had to scrape ice off the car yesterday morning!  So my project today is the total opposite of the current season and hopefully can help to spread a bit of warmth!

I have been fortunate enough to have been asked by HunkyDory Crafts if I would like to choose and review some of their products again.  I chose to receive some of the new watercolour brush marker sets from the HunkyDory Prism range as well as one of the floral sets and I recorded a video for my YouTube channel which you can find here... https://youtu.be/a9lT7rDncXc

Full disclosure: I have been given these products to review for free and to keep, however any views I have are my own and will be totally honest.

Here are the products I received: 'Forest Walk' and 'Heavenly Sunset' Prism brush markers and 'Oh So Pretty Petals'...


I decided to use the brush markers in a variety of ways to create 2 Memory Dex cards...


The first thing I noticed was that the packaging for the markers was nice and sturdy and could be opened and re closed, making it ideal storage for the pens if you don't have any other.  The pens themselves are a triangular shape which makes them comfortable to hold and I liked the fact that they are not as bulky as some of the other pens I have tried in the past.

The pens have a brush tip one end and a fine tip the other which is especially good if you enjoy doing lettering.  This also makes thema good shape for colouring and the fine tip would be ideal for getting into small areas.  The brush tip also made it easy to dispense colour onto my mat to use for a variety of techniques...


Within my project I used the pens to create a background on the cards by dispensing the ink onto the mat then spritzing with water.  Next I applied the pens directly onto a background stamp before spritzing and stamping onto the cards, this was very successful and easy to achieve.  Finally I used the pens as a watercolouring medium.  I tried applying the ink directly to the image first and moving it with water but found that the card absorbed the ink too quickly, so a better method was to scribble the pen out onto the mat then apply it with my water brush...


Overall the pens were really easy to use, look and feel good and they gave some lovely effects.

The only criticism I would have is that as they are in colour family sets you do get a lot of shades of the same colour in a set, this means that to get a wider variety of colours you do need to buy a few sets.

Here are links to the products I received:

* Prism Brush Markers - Forest Walk
* Prism Brush Markers - Heavenly Sunset
* For The Love of Stamps - Oh So Pretty Petals

Or you can visit the website at: https://www.hunkydorycrafts.co.uk/

Thank you for looking and I do hope you take a look at my video to see the products in action:

https://youtu.be/a9lT7rDncXc

Happy crafting!

Jane xx



No comments:

Post a Comment