Saturday 27 June 2020

Butterfly & Floral Journal for Bee Crafty

Hello!

This week on the Bee Crafty blog I am sharing a project created using some of the stamps from both of my collections to decorate a journal cover...


I started by die cutting a journal cover which I then painted with a light coat of crackle paint.  Once that was dry I added different shades of blue gelatos, blending them with water...


Next I used the circles dinkable with white gesso to add extra interest to the cover...


Taking the sentiment from the 'Just Bloom' set I added the text along either side using blue archival ink...


For even more background pattern I took the larger circles from the 'Geometric Walls' set and stamped it with the same blue archival ink.  Then I coloured some of the circles using permanent markers...


Next I created some embellishments for the front cover.  I altered some jigsaw puzzle pieces, I made a video of how I did this which you can watch here...


I also stamped and cut out the 'Butterfly Beginnings' stamp before colouring and adding glossy accents and glitter on top...


Finally I stamped out the sentiment and created a charm to hang from the journal by stamping the 'Just Bloom' flower onto shrink plastic and colouring it before adding beads...


These elements were then all added together to create the final journal...




Here are links to the products used:


Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Jane this is fantastic. Thank you for including the link to your video - such a clever use of the jigsaw pieces. I know I keep saying it but I must add your stamps to my collection. I see a Bee Crafty order to coming my way soon! xx

    ReplyDelete