Saturday 12 September 2020

Believe in Possibilities Journal Page for Bee Crafty

  Hello!

Last week on the Bee Crafty Facebook page I started creating a journal page in the 8" x 8" Dylusions journal, so this week for the blog I thought I would finish the whole spread by creating on the left hand page...


1) First I painted the page using blue acrylic paint but to make it a bit more translucent to match the other side I added some Dina Wakley glazing medium as well...

2) The left page was a bit more textured and difficult to stamp on because of the elements on the previous pages, so I decided to stamp some images onto tissue paper that could then be stuck on.  I used the Butterflies Possibilities and Just Bloom sets.

I used archival ink as this would stay permanent on the tissue when adding collage medium...


3) I cut the images out quite near to the lines and then added them to the page using distress collage medium...


4) As the surface was now less porous due to the collage medium I used permanent markers to colour the images...


5) To add some extra highlights I used a white posca pen on the images then added some background dots to the background using a blue posca pen so that the two sides of the spread matched...


6) Finally to help the butterflies stand out I used a water soluble black pencil to add some shading.  Then I took the sentiment from the butterfly set and stamped it in patches multiple times...



To create my spread I used the following:


Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx


 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutyely gorgeous! So sorry I have only just found your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete