Sunday 1 September 2019

Craftascope September Blog Hop - Flowers




 Hello!

Welcome to the September Craftascope blog hop and this month our theme is 'Flowers'...


Craftascope has many floral themed products including stamps, stencils and dies so this seemed like an ideal theme especially as we approach the end of summer.

For this blog hop the main focus must be created using Craftascope products but other companies products are also permitted, if you would like to take part in future blog hops you can contact Jacqueline Bobeldijk-Schilder via the 'Craftascope Makes' face book group..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/843601679091889/

I recently purchased a Heidi Swapp Memorydex Spinner with dies to make and decorate rolodex style cards so I decided to decorate one of these to display on my spinner...


I started by die cutting one of the cards out of mixed media cardstock then coloured it using Pearlywinks ink sprays.  After first spraying the colours I also added splatters by taking out the spray nozzle and dripping ink onto the card (hot pink, yellow, lime green & golden shimmer)...


Next I used the 'Flower Flurry' stencil with some clear texture paste and left it to dry overnight - it may be a bit tricky to see it in the picture...


To make the flowers stand out I used distress ink in black soot over the entire card, then wiped away the excess from the areas where the texture paste created a resist...


To bring a bit of lightness back into the flowers I sprayed a bit more golden shimmer over the card then used my white posca pen to add some dots and splatters of paint...


To create my focal images I sprayed some more pieces of the mixed media card using the inks (hot pink, pumpkin orange, golden shimmer, lime green and yellow) then stamped some of the flowers from the 'Floral Scent' set and leaves from the 'Floral Companions' set.  I used Versafine black ink and added clear embossing powder over the top.  I chose a sentiment from the 'Handy Helpers' set to stamp onto black card and heat emboss in white...


I then adhered the pieces to the memorydex card...



All of the stamps and stencils that I used are from Craftascope and can be found on Nick's ETSY store:
 
Pearlywinks Sprays can be found on their website:
 
A big thank you once again goes to Jacqueline for organising the blog hop and the next blog you visit will be hers...
 
 
Thank you for looking and happy crafting!
 
Jane xx
 
http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstempelhotspotzaandam.com%2F2019%2F09%2F01%2Fcraftascope-monthly-blog-hop-september-2019-bloemen-flowers%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3ui2pUJz-Nh8WZ62ARJIgBKfrBPQlUOT6u53R-1b_3WeboihJaOqeppxY&h=AT3n6zQaWwtD23YCP4RvR6rox89YJAUzeO-opDaLyHSO92urh0LSQwhIsfNmPRQ1FX1yM9a1T7rD5S4YYw7VgQpbP4t8PUXApOIgAx53kmzgktU6Vu6Ew_t1-URLOATfKY8





No comments:

Post a Comment