Monday 2 September 2019

'Mandala Canvas' with HunkyDory Crafts

Hello!

About a week ago I made a video and blog post using some dies and powders from HunkyDory Crafts...

You can find it here https://isleofcraftycreations.blogspot.com/2019/08/mandala-card-with-hunkydory-crafts.html and a link to the video.

Today I have created another project using the Marvellous Mandala Moonstone dies and Prism powders, but this time I have also included the Mandala stamp set - Perfect Petals.  I have a video of the process over on my YouTube channel:

https://youtu.be/f-LTSqD6ggw

Here is the completed project...

 
Full disclosure: I have been given these products to review for free and to keep, however any views I have are my own and will be totally honest.
 
This time I decided to create a project on a canvas board and wanted to use the die cuts in a couple of different ways.
 
I cut the mandala corner out of 300gsm cardstock to use as a stencil, and this worked really well with my modelling paste to create some background texture.  I also wanted to use the die cuts in a more 3D structural way so I cut the die out 6 times so that I could stick 3 layers together twice.  I used a strong acrylic based glue to make them really sturdy and the effect was much like a chipboard embellishment...
 
 
 
Once again I used the pigment powders, from both set 3 and 4, layering them up as required.  When added to the gessoed canvas they created a paler look than when they were added to the watercolour cardstock, so when I had created my stamped mandala I added some white gesso with dry brushing to make it more pastel to tone better with the rest of the canvas. 
 
The stamp is beautiful and as with all the HunkyDory sets they are great quality and provide a really clear image.  I also liked the way the mandala can be cut out at different sections to layer up as well as making a striking image on its own...
 
 
I also used the other dies from the Marvellous Mandala set to create some flowers. This time I cut them using white vellum which cut really well and created a lovely soft effect...
 
 
To see how I put the project together you can watch the video at:
 
 
Here are links to the products that I used:
 
 
You can also view the whole range on the website at: https://www.hunkydorycrafts.co.uk/
 
Thank you for looking and happy crafting!
 
Jane xx






No comments:

Post a Comment