Saturday 8 May 2021

Vintage Moth Tag Journal Spread

  Hello!

This week on the Bee Crafty facebook page I did a live where I used the Tim Holtz distress oxide sprays to create tags which I made into a tag journal.  So today I have used one of the backgrounds in that journal to create a spread...

1) I started with a double tag page that had been made using the distress oxide colours salvaged patina, rusty hinge and vintage photo...


2) Using versafine clair in brown and clear embossing powder, I stamped and heat embossed some of the coffee stains...


3) Next I stamped some of the script XL in salvaged patina distress oxide and added clear embossing powder over the top which pushed it further into the background...


4) To add extra dimension I used distress grit paste through the damask inkable on either side of the spread.  One of the features of the distress texture pastes is that they take on the colour of distress inks, so the brown from the oxide sprays underneath started to colour the paste which gave it an even more vintage feel...


5) Then I stamped the moth from the dragonfly stamp set onto Dina Wakley plain collage paper and also watercolour card which I cut out with the dies.  The collage moths were adhered to the pages with collage medium and the other two were coloured with scribble sticks before adding...


6) To frame the pages I blended some black soot distress ink around the edges and finally splattered with gloss spray and added a ticker tape 3 sentiment...


No comments:

Post a Comment