Saturday 15 May 2021

Lots of Sunflowers Card

  Hello!

As this week is mental health awareness week and the theme is nature I thought I would use some time to create a fairly simple card that reflected the theme of nature but was also quite mindful with some colouring in to do...


1) First I stamped the sunflower head from the regular doodle art set onto a piece of distress watercolour card.  I used archival ink as I knew I wanted to add water based products.

2) Then I used the Ecoline brush pens to colour.  I added them directly to the card when colouring the flowers without adding any water and blended the colours.

3) Next I added a pale green background also with the pens, but this time I scribbled the colour out onto a block and added water before painting on with a brush.

4) I then spritzed the card with water to cause some of the colour on the sunflowers to move and run.  When I was happy with how it looked I used my heat tool to dry them.  Once it was dry I added white gelly roll pen for highlights.

5) Finally I stamped a sentiment from Everyday Sentiments 1 onto black card with embossing ink and heat embossed it in white.  I added a black mat to help the images to pop and then mounted it onto a 6" card blank.




Here are links to the products used:


I hope you all get a chance to do some crafting this weekend.
Take care,

Jane xx



No comments:

Post a Comment