Saturday 31 July 2021

'Just 2 Colours' Card

  Hello!

This week I decided to use just two colours to create a card...

I chose brown and teal as it is a combination that I love!

1) I started by using the Salvaged Patina and Vintage Photo distress inks, blending them with a brush over a piece of watercolour cardstock. 

2) Then water was sprinkled over and lifted with kitchen roll to create a more distressed look.

3) Using the Metal Alpha inkable and the Vintage Photo distress ink, I added some light pattern to the background.

4) At this point I cut my card down to the size I wanted and cut the waste strips into pieces.

5) Extra Vintage Photo was swiped around all the pieces and then glued down to the card.

6) The sentiment from Small Words was added to another strip and glued to the bottom of the card.

7) I stamped and die cut a butterfly from the XL Birds and Butterflies set and added a small amount of Salvaged Patina using a brush.  This was then added to the card with a piece of white cotton underneath.


Here are links to the products used:

Distress Inkpads

XL Butterflies & Birds stamps and dies 

Small Words stamp set

Metal Alpha Inkable

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx


No comments:

Post a Comment