Saturday 7 August 2021

'Without Darkness' Art Journal Spread

  Hello!

This week on the Bee Crafty blog I thought I would create an art journal spread in a tag book that I created in one of my Bee Crafty Facebook lives a while ago.  The tags have all already been spritzed using distress oxide sprays, and the pages I used today had Speckled Egg, Mermaid Lagoon and Seedless Preserves on them...


1) I started by creating a moon using white gesso through the circle easy frame.  As it was over the oxide spray some of the colour bled through which is the look that I wanted rather than a solid colour...


2) Next I added some more stenciling using the Cosmic inkable and Seedless Preserves distress oxide inkpad...


3) Then I used some of the stamps from the La Luna stamp set with archival inks in the distress colours Mermaid Lagoon, Faded Jeans and Dusty Concord...


4) I wanted to highlight some of the areas so added in some white gelly roll pen...


5) After that I wanted a bit of stamping that contrasted more so used some of the stamps from the Stars Textures set with black archival ink.  I also added some dots with a black fine liner pen to make it look like the stars were dangling...


6) Finally I stamped one of the sentiments from Moons and Stars Sentiments onto black card and heat embossed with white powder...


Here are links to the products used:


Thank you for looking and happy crafting!
Jane xx

1 comment: