Saturday 14 August 2021

Faux Bleached Butterfly Card

  Hello!

This week I have created a card using a faux bleaching technique...


1) First I stamped the doodle art butterfly onto watercolour cardstock using black archival ink.

2) Then I used salvaged patina and mustard seed distress inks, blending them all across the card with a blending brush.

3) Next I used a paintbrush and water to wet the butterfly areas and lifted some of the colour off with kitchen towel.

4) When I was happy with the result I splashed some of the water across the rest of the card to create some distressed spots.

5) Finally I stamped one of the everyday sentiments onto white vellum and wrapped it around the card before matting onto black and then the card base.




Here are the products used:

Archival Inkpads

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

1 comment: