Friday 2 November 2018

Creative Artiste: Tando Mini Book

Hello!

As it is the first Friday in November today is the start of a new challenge over at the Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge blog...


Thank you for all the fabulous entries in October and you can find out who won by going over to the challenge blog HERE.

This month our sponsor is the wonderful Tando Creative...


For this challenge I used one of the beautiful greyboard mini books from Tando as the basis for my project...


After preparing the base with gesso I used Dina Wakley acrylic paint to add colour then a stencil from Imagination crafts with the same paint to create extra details.  Next I stamped the teasels from Bee Crafty with Versamark and heat embossed using black powder...


I felt that the cover required a bit of glitz so used the Bee Crafty star d'inkable with silver sparkle paste. To create some more dimensional elements I stamped out the mini butterfly from Bee Crafty and adhered them after cutting out and colouring.

To create the closure I punched holes with a crop a dile, set in some eyelets and added a piece of ribbon.

Finally to create the finishing touches I added a Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker and made a beaded charm to add to the spine...


Thank you for looking and I hope to see lots of your fabulous projects over at the challenge this month.

Happy crafting!

Jane xx

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous project Jane. A beautifully blended background for the silhouette stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cover Jane. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous love the stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the contrasts and the designs. Gorgeous book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pops of pink really make those stamped silhouettes stand out proud Jane. A sweet little journal which will hold lots of treasures inside so beautifully.
    Creative wishes Tracey.

    ReplyDelete