Friday 15 January 2016

Funtastic Friday - Disco Diva!

Hello to you all,

Well today I have something completely different!!

After all my vintage/steampunk creations I decided for this Friday to go for something a bit more funky using a stamp set that I have had for a few months but hadn't got around to using.

I will be entering this project into the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge, which is to create a card using this sketch...

 
These are the main items that I used...
 


 
The playful part of the project this week was for me to do some colouring.  I used to love colouring as a child and I know that it has made a big revival recently.  I do not have any photos of the stages of this part as I had a few different goes at deciding how to cut down the image and also had not quite decided what medium to use for colouring so I only realised to take a photo once it was done. 
 
 First the main image was stamped and then cut out with a die.  Using inktense pencils I coloured the image, selecting 3 different shades for the hair.  I mostly took the ink from the pencil with a water brush, but where I wanted a darker colour I used the pencil directly on the image.  I then sprayed the whole piece with iridescent glitter spray from Crafters Companion and added a bit of Chloe's bling.  The sentiment was from the same set and also sprayed and a gem added.  Two of the glitter balls were stamped in versamark and embossed in silver then Ice Maiden glitter added.  One was put next to Betty and the other saved for later...
 
 
Next I wanted to create a strip for the middle of the card and decided to use Sue Wilsons Intertwining Circles striplet.  I cut 2 background layers out of card covered in double sided adhesive sheet and 2 layers of the inside pattern within the edge die, from holographic silver card.  These were then matted together and silver glitter from Finnabair added to the exposed areas...
 
 
Then to create a background layer I cut a 6" x 6" square of card and sprayed it with Lindys Stamp gang Steel Shimmer and Heidi Swapp Tinsel.  A stencil from Imagination Crafts (retro squares) was then used with silver sparkle paste...
 

 
Once it had all dried I matted the pieces using silver holographic card and layered them up with foam tape and glue gel, adding a piece of silver cord to the side and finally the other glitter ball. 
 
Here is the finished creation...
 

 
Hopefully a very sparkly and funky creation!!
 
I have already spotted an interesting looking challenge for my next mixed media project so watch this space next Monday!
 
 
Have a happy crafting weekend,
 
Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment