Friday 19 February 2016

Funtastic Friday - Beauty Canvas

Hello everyone!

It is a beautiful sunny but crisp day here at the moment, a real winter feel and I am feeling so much better!  As of yesterday I felt like my crafting mojo had come back with force so I must be recovered from the bug, hurrah!!

I decided to make a start on a trio of canvases that I want to make and frame to put up at home, so decided to start with one of the smaller 6" x 6" ones.  I had also recently received my order of some of the new IndigoBlu products that have just been released so they gave me some extra inspiration.

I am entering this canvas into the following challenges...

* Mixed Media Place Creative Gym - Coffee
* Rhedds Creative Creative - An Altered Art Challenge
* Altered Eclectics -  An Altered Art & Mixed Media Challenge

I don't really like coffee (I am a tea drinker!) but I do love the shades of browns that coffee brings and so I decided to use those colours as the inspirations for my canvas.

To start with I covered the canvas board with a piece of paper from the IndigoBlu European Grand Tour pad then added gilding flakes around the edges with flitterglu...


These papers already have a lot of detail and texture in them but I wanted even more so added some stamping with 'All Saints' using sepia Versafine and then added sparkle texture paste (decadent oak & champagne) through the TCW reverse chicken wire stencil (another of my very favourites as it is so useful with just about any project)...


Whilst that was drying I created the main focal point of the canvas.

 I have always loved words.  When I was a child I wanted to be an author, I lost that urge!! But I did go on to do A Level English and debated hard between English and history for my degree subject (history won in the end) but I am still an avid reader and use words and quotes lots in my crafty work.  So when I saw the new IndigoBlu stamps designed by Mike Deakin (Word Blocks #1) I knew I had to have them!!  I decided that the two smaller canvases I am going to make will each have one word on and the large will have a few (not sure exactly how many yet!) and for this one I chose the word 'Beauty'...



 
I have used gold embossing powder, then tea dye and vintage photo distress ink, vintage photo and gold sprays.  Then to match the main canvas I added a tiny bit of stencilling.  The main word got a bit covered up at one point, but because it was distress ink I sprayed on a bit of water and blotted the ink away to lighten the area again.
 
Finally the project needed a few more 3D touches.  I chose flowers to go with the beauty theme (and it matched other pictures I already have up).  They started as plain white flowers but I added sprays to match them to the rest of the canvas...
 
 


After adding some flicks of Goldfinger paint the whole project was stuck together with glue gel and then I had to add my favourite embellishment ever, some bronze micro beads and a few gems...




I am going to alter a frame for this to go in as well, but ran out of time yesterday!
At the weekend I will start on the next canvas which I can hopefully show you on Monday.
Enjoy your weekend,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment