Monday 14 March 2016

Mixed Media Monday: Box of Gears!

Hello and welcome to a new crafty week!

Today I am posting my industrial project that I had promised last week.  I enjoyed getting a bit more grungy and dark with my crafting this weekend (although I have got other projects on the go at the same time that are a bit more floral).

I will be entering this project into the following challenges:

* Countryview Challenges - Industrial
* Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenge - Steampunk/Industrial
* Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - G is for Gears

I recently bought a kit from IndigoBlu that included 2 lovely MDF boxes, so decided that I would alter the smaller of the two for this particular theme.
To start with I painted the entire box using black gesso as I felt that would be a good base for this style...


Then I embossed some black card with a Spellbinders M bossability folder and cut pieces to fit the top and sides of the box.  These were then stuck down with an acrylic glue...


Sorting through my stash of crafty embellishments, I chose some chipboard, MDF and metal gears/cogs which I applied to the box using 3D matte gel...


This was then painted over with more black gesso...


Using silver paint from IndigoBlu I dry brushed the box to add a more mechanical feel, highlighting the texture as well...


I wanted to add even more tone and metallic look to the colour so then used Lindy's stamp gang sprays (steel shimmer and rusty lantern) and added some silver Pebeo gilding wax...


To finish it off I added black and silver micro beads and a sentiment from the Heartfelt Creations collection, All Geared Up, then a few more silver toned gears for an extra bit of dimension...





Hopefully I have managed to create an industrial feel, I do love using those cogs and gears!!

See you Wednesday,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment