Wednesday 30 March 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: Red and green should never be seen!

Hello,

If you are in the UK I hope you have not had too much damage from Storm Katy!  We had a little repair to do on the fence but that was all, so we got off lightly.

Today I am going totally different from my last very vintage post for a challenge over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog...

* Red and green should never be seen!

I have never really understood that saying as there are so many beautiful red flowers in the world and they generally have green leaves!  So that is what I took as the inspiration for my project.

I went for a card this time as I wanted to try out a new stamp that I absolutely fell in love with when I saw it, a rose art stamp from Imagination Crafts.  A card also gave me the opportunity to use some fun mediums to create backgrounds.

I started by creating my green background for the rose stamp.  I used 3 different shades of green inktense blocks and rubbed them across the card.  After spritzing with water I sprinkled on some brusho powders (leaf green and emerald) and spritzed them a little more.  I wanted to try to keep some of the speckled look so heat dried the whole piece.  After making sure it was totally dry I stamped the rose with versamark and embossed with red powder...


I wanted the background to also reflect the rose so coloured another piece of card in the same way but using reds this time.  Then I used a 'Bed of Roses' embossing folder by Sue Wilson to add pattern and texture and cut it to size using a pierced square die.

Gold gilding wax was added to highlight the texture and then I put a little bit on the rose image as well to tie it all together.  Both pieces were then matted to help define the images.

A piece of ribbon was added before putting the image onto the card with 3D foam tape and then a sentiment stamped and embossed in gold to add the final touch...


Here is the finished card...


So I think red and green is a fine combination!!

I will be back on Friday with something different again, we will be going a bit fantasy.

Have a lovely rest of your week,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment