Hello once again!
I hope you enjoyed the launch of Leonie's new stamps last night?
I have another sample to show you today and whereas last nights sample was quite fresh and pretty, today's is a bit more vintage and grungy, just as I like it!!
* I started with a MDF free standing tag (from Inky doodles) that I painted with white gesso to prime the surface, then brown paint so that the back would match the project.
* Using the tag as a template I cut a piece of card to the correct size then embossed it using the distress textures embossing folder.
* Using some of the Spectrum Aqua markers, I made a palette of colour on acetate then spritzed with water and coloured my card.
* This was then stuck to the MDF tag using cosmic shimmer glue and the edges filed with a sanding block to make the card fit snugly.
* Using gold Pebeo gilding wax I highlighted the texture and then used a gilding pen to go round the edges of the tag in copper.
* The wings from the Kaleidoscope Dreams stamp set were stamped three times using flitterglu and then gilded with chocolate box gilding flakes. These were then cut out.
* Two sentiments were chosen from the stamp set and heat embossed onto vintage gold card using gold powder. Then matted and layered onto brown card.
* All the pieces were then placed onto the tag using glue gel.
* Finally I took a piece of white gauze and coloured it using down the same Spectrum Aqua pens, this was then tied through the top of the tag as a finishing touch...
I love this vintage type of style, especially with all the texture and I hope you have too.
I will be back tomorrow with a final sample for this week from the new launch, so I look forward to seeing you here again.
Please also take a look at the other design team members blogs to see what they have been doing with the stamp sets...
* Nick: http://nickinbarnsley.blogspot.co.uk/
* Katrina: http://cornishkat.blogspot.co.uk/
* Elaine: http://cakecoffeefcraft.blogspot.co.uk/