Wednesday 22 June 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: A Box Full of Flowers!

Hello!

Today I am back with another card but this time something a bit different for me!

I have always loved the different types of 'engineered' cards that people make but have always really stuck to quite straight forward (mostly square) cards.  So I decided to have a go at a box card...


There are many places online these days to get measurements etc. for specific cards, but I have drawn a quick layout of how this card is put together just using one sheet of A4 card...


This is what it is like when cut and scored...


I layered up the panels first before sticking the box together...


Then I made the struts to go inside...




Then the fun part!!  I started by stamping flowers and butterflies from a set by Bee Crafty.  I stamped with Versafine then covered with clear embossing powder so that when I coloured the images I knew they would not smudge.
I cut out more than I knew I would need so that I would have plenty of options when assembling.
When they had been cut out I coloured the images using Spectrum Aqua pens, then coated them with glossy accents and a sprinkle of glamour dust glitter.
These were left to dry thoroughly.
I used a Heartfelt Creations flourish die to cut some black card.
Strips of acetate were then cut about an inch wide for my different parts to attach to.
I then had fun arranging my flourishes, flowers and butterflies onto the acetate and then deciding where to put them in the box.
As I had a couple left over at the end I attached them to the front and back of the box and then stamped and die cut a birthday greeting...




I am now going to have fun making some more of these as I think they would look attractive on my craft stall in the summer.  My mind is already whirring with ideas for other times of the year too!

Thank you for taking the time to come and have a look, I hope you will come by again soon,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment