Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Design Team Tuesday: Pop Up Box Card for Leonie

Hello again!

Today I am sharing one of the cards that I made for the launch shows last week of Leonie's new embossing folders and stamps.

I have started to try to get out of my card making comfort zone recently by attempting some different types of card and have discovered a love of these pop up box cards.  When I saw the flowers on the Everlasting Love set I thought they would be perfect as a bouquet in one of these cards and as you have all the panels to decorate thought it would be  good way to show some of the other lovely new products too.

I started with the base card and struts, there are details of the measurements etc. on an earlier post on my blog HERE...


Because I was going to use quite funky looking flowers I wanted the colour scheme to be fresh and bright so chose orange and yellow.  I started by creating panels of yellow card to form the base layers...


I used the Floral Tapestry stamp to create a background, and stamped the image twice in versamark before embossing with clear powder.  It was really easy to line up as the pattern is quite busy.  Then I cut the panel pieces that I needed before colouring them with distress inks (I used the left over pieces for other projects)...


The other panels were then created using the Growing Love embossing folder onto some card coloured with the distress inks.  I then sanded over the texture to highlight the pattern...


When I went to stick the panels onto the box I realised that they needed something to help them stand out so added a black card layer which really made a difference...



At this point I then stuck the struts into my box...


To create the main focal point I stamped the flowers and some hearts using black Versafine ink.  These were then coloured by using Spectrum Aqua pens and then covered with a clear spectrum sparkle pen.  Once done they were then cut out, which is a bit time consuming but I really liked the effect and found it quite relaxing...


I must admit that I then got so carried away with creating my scene that I forgot to take any more photos until the end!!  Once the pieces were cut out I cut some of the images down and leaves off so that I could create different levels on the struts.  They were stuck onto strips of acetate and once I was happy with my layout I stuck the acetate onto the struts.  I ended up with a gap I was unhappy with so added the little bumble bee at the last minute.  I then used some of the sentiments from one of the other sets, stamping then die cutting with a pierced flag die and also used my little left over flowers as extra embellishments on the front ...


I hope you like it, I thought it had a real summer feel when complete and could hopefully brighten someone's day!

I will be back tomorrow with another post so until then have a lovely day,

Jane x