Friday 3 March 2017

Creative Artiste: Shabby Chic Tag

Hello!

It is the first Friday of the month so it must be time to launch a new challenge over on the Creative Artiste blog!

This month the lovely sponsor is one of our design team members Judy and she has a fab prize of stamps and dies, click HERE to go over to visit the challenge...


So for this months project I wanted to use some of the gorgeous bits and pieces that I have in my crafty stash as well as adding some stencilling, stamping and die cutting so this is the shabby chic piece that I created...


I started with a grey board tag from Tando Creative which I painted with white gesso before adding some stencilling of light paste through a mini distressed diamond stencil from Bee Crafty.  I then added a selection of paper flowers, leaves and a metal charm from Craft Box, and also a pocket watch and small rose that I had created using resin and an IOD mould from Prima...


This was then all painted over with more white gesso to create a good base for the colour...


I used spray inks from Lindy's stamp gang to add colour and brushed on some luscious powders from IndigoBlu.  Stamping was then added using a harlequin stamp from IndigoBlu and sepia archival ink ...

 
Using the Ariana Lace die from Heartfelt Creations, I die cut a shape which was then coloured using antique gold gilding wax from Pebeo...
 

 
Some more wax was also added to other areas of the tag and then I added the die cut to the tag with another paper flower coloured with Lindy's stamp gang and wax.  I also added a sentiment from a sticker sheet by 7 Dots Studio (Lost and Found)... 


As a final touch a lightbulb from Prima was added as well as some ribbon...


My plan is to add this tag to the front of an art journal so I will post some photos when it is all finished too.

Please take a look at the Creative Artiste blog to see what the rest of the design team have made, and it would be lovely if you could add your own project as well!  Don't forget this challenge is for mixed media :)

I will be back again later today with some design team samples using the Crafter's Companion mixed media dies which launch today as a Weekend Wow on HOCHANDA starting from 10am, so do please pop over for a look!

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment