Saturday, 1 April 2017

Altered Eclectics: Shadow Frame

Hello!

It is the first day of April and I am here with a design team project for Altered Eclectics and HERE is the link to head over to the challenge blog.  This challenge is for altered and mixed media projects, the only projects not allowed are cards and ATC's.

This month I decided to put together and alter a chipboard shadow box that I purchased from Craft Box and is made by Snipart.  It was very simple to put together and I was impressed with how sturdy and able it was to take the weight of the products and embellishments that I added.  Here is my completed project...

 
I love to watch mixed media videos on Youtube (although a terrible time waster and usually ends up costing me money due to then buying the products used!) and a few of the people that I enjoy watching use papers and embellishments by 7 Dots Studio.  Recently I bought a couple of sets of the range as I really love the style, but I especially liked the word stickers that match the sets.  I decided to use one of the sets (Lost and Found) as the basis for my frame...
 


After painting the frame using Decoart paint and adding some Pebeo gilding wax, I used a piece of script paper to create the background layer of the frame.  I then randomly (and it really was random!) took some of the tags, embellishments and stickers from the set and started to staple and stick then together to form the centre focal point of my frame...


On the main paper I used an IndigoBlu script stamp and splat stamp with staz on ink, then stencilled some diamond starlight paint (Imagination Crafts) through a Bee Crafty dinky diamond stencil.  I also aged the paper slightly using some vintage photo distress ink.  Then I attached the tags and embellishments using 3D glue gel...


I then used a selection of metal embellishments from my Craft Boxes (from Anna Hersom)  to create extra interest on two of the corners, and also added some gems and pearls...


Finally I added two of the word stickers and some splashes of gold with some watered down acrylic.

Once the box had been put together this was actually quite a quick project to complete and I was pleased with how it turned out as it is a bit different to what I would usually make.

I hope reading this will encourage you to have a go at entering the challenge over at Altered Eclectics, it would be lovely to see your projects!  I will be back again soon with another mixed media project, have a lovely weekend.

Jane x