Today it is my turn to share a design team project with you at Buzzy Goings On at Bee Crafty Blog and I decided this week to use some MDF...
To create this piece I used the following products...
* MDF Art Board
* Teasels - Beautanicals Stamp
* Wildflower 2 - Beautanicals Stamp
* Everyday Sentiments 1 - Wordage Stamp
* Butterflies Set 1 - Winged Things Stamp
* Regular Dots - D'Inkables
* White Gesso
* Crackle Paint
* Acrylic Paint (Blue and White)
* Gilding Wax - Silver
* Embossing Powder - Silver and White
* Permanent Ink - Blue
* Heat Resistant Acetate
* Spray Inks
This is how it was made...
1) Stick the MDF plaque to the base and coat with white gesso to prepare the surface.
2) Paint the whole plaque using crackle paint tinted with some blue acrylic paint.
3) Once the crackle has been allowed to dry naturally put on some stencilling with white paint and the regular dots d'inkable. Add some stamping using the distressed diamonds and permanent blue ink.
4) Add some darker blue paint and gilding wax around the edges to help frame the piece.
5) After using an anti static bag, use clear embossing ink and silver powder to heat emboss the wildflowers directly onto the MDF.
6) To create extra depth and layers, stamp the teasels onto heat resistant acetate using white embossing powder and cut it to size.
7) To soften the white embossing to blend it into the plaque more, add a small amount of blue permanent ink to the teasels, then put glue onto the places where it will not be seen from the front to add the acetate to the plaque.
8) On a piece of water colour card spray a selection of blue and purple inks and once dry add some more stencilling with white paint.
9) On this coloured card stamp 3 butterflies using clear ink and white embossing powder. Then cut out and add to the plaque.
10) Stamp the sentiment onto card and mat onto the same card before adding as a final touch.
Thank you for reading, I will be back next week with another project. Happy crafting,