Saturday 20 January 2018

Butterfly Journey: An Art Journal Page for Bee Crafty

Hello!

I am back on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog today with some more art journaling, this time in my little journal that I decorated the cover of...


I have been wanting to create some pages with a bit more white space so first I stamped the positive bark backdrop in a triangle shape on each side using black archival ink.
Then I used spray inks and some water to create the colour. I started with my lightest shade then built up the colours, tipping the pages and dabbing with kitchen roll to get the effect I wanted.
Using some purple archival ink and the XL script backdrop I added some more stamping...


Next I spritzed some of the darkest purple ink onto my glass mat and used my finger to add it through the circle d'inkable.  I then used a purple watercolour pencil and a white pen to add detail to my circles...

 
Using the same inks I sprayed a piece of card and then stamped out some butterflies from the bird and butterfly set.  These were then cut out and after sticking them down on the page I added some dark pen around the edges...
 


I stamped out the word border 1 and cut out the words I wanted to use, these were then also stuck down and highlighted with a dark pen.  Finally I added some extra darkness to the edge of the pages using a purple gelato and also some glitter glue in areas, although it is a bit tricky to see in the photos!

Here are the products I used...

* Backdrops - Bark Positive
* Backdrops - XL Script
* Art Stamps - Words Border 1
* Art Stamps - Birds and Butterflies Set 1
* D'Inkables - Circle

Thank you for reading and happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment