Wednesday 28 March 2018

Floral Steampunk Frame for Tando Creative

Hello!

I am really excited to be showing you a project this week on the Tando Creative blog as I love floral and also steampunk so am really pleased that this week the theme is both!


I immediately think of cogs when steampunk is mentioned so I decided to continue with a round theme by using the circular shadow frame layering up the MDF and grey board circles.  Once they had been stuck together I applied Decoart white gesso then crackle paste to the whole frame.  When it had dried and the crackles had appeared I added the other grey board elements then used spray inks to build layers of colour using browns and a touch of teal...


To add extra tones to the pieces I used gilding wax and also did some dry brushing with a darker acrylic paint across the whole frame.  Finally I chose some paper flowers in similar colours, micro beads and metal embellishments to add to the frame...


To create this project here is what I used:

* Shadow Frame
* Mini Cogs
* Industrial Elements
* White Gesso
* Crackle Paste

Thank you for reading and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment