Saturday 7 April 2018

Circles of Hope Art Journal Pages for Bee Crafty

Hello!

I am back on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog today with a bit more art journaling!  I thought it had been a while since I last posted some here and as I created my pages I realised that I have a real circle obsession going on!!  This time though I went for a more grungy/graffiti feel as I wanted to use one of the Inspired by Banksy stamps within the pages...


I used a double page spread in my mixed media journal which has different surfaces to work on.  Here I have used a canvas fabric page on the right and a cotton watercolour page on the left.  This means that you do get different results on the surfaces but that is what I like about it!  I started by coating both pages with clear gesso as I wanted to prepare them but also wanted to keep the colours of the pages.  Then I used my fingers to apply 4 different colours of acrylic paint, I chose mostly earthy colours but felt that a pop of pink was needed to lighten them...


My next layer was stencilling which I added using 2 of the same colours but then to lighten and add contrast I also used some white gesso.  I used the d'inkables chevrons, metal alpha and regular dots, I love my d'inkables and find them really handy for this type of project...


Next was the stamping.  I wanted to try something a bit different using my water soluble pigment sticks with the bubble wrap stamp.  I wet the stick then scribbled over the stamp before adding it to the page.  It didn't come out as clearly as I had hoped but I quite liked the watery look it gave.  Then I added the numbers stamp using black archival ink to make sure it showed up against the background...


For some reason almost all of my journal pages end up with circles on them and this was no exception!  I used my fingers to add circles of white gesso to the page (I looked at the style wire circles for a size guideline).  Once I had made sure it was dry I stamped the circles with archival ink and also added some extras that were not on the gesso...


Using the same colour palette I added some paint to the circles and then some dots and dashes doodling using pens.  This was followed by some white paint splashes...


To finish the pages I stamped the girl and balloons onto white card, cut out and adhered to the page.  Finally I chose the sentiment which I cut into pieces to add to the page...



Here are the links to the products used...

* Inspired by Banksy - Hope
* Wordage - Time
* Backdrops Frames - Style Wire Circles (small & medium)
* Backdrops Frames - Style Wire Circles (large)
* Backdrops - Random Numbers
* Backdrops - Bubble Wrap Positive
* D 'Inkables - Chevrons
* D 'Inkables - Metal Alpha

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment