Thursday 24 May 2018

Hang Fire for Tando Creative

Hello!

It is my turn to show a project over on the Tando Creative blog today.

I love seeing all the projects in Same But Different week as it is always fantastic to see how many different styles can be created using the same products!

When I received the gorgeous telephone dial it immediately made me think about how being in constant communication with the rest of the world can sometimes make us miss the beauty all around us so I wanted to show this in my project...


The background was created using Decoart fluid acrylics and a brayer (cobalt teal hue, green gold and yellow green light).  The wording and dial were painted using black gesso and then some gold gilding wax added.  The paper number dial was tinted with some blue distress ink.  Black archival ink as well as some gilding wax was added around the main media board to create a framed effect...


A wildflower stamp from Bee Crafty was used for the main board with black archival ink and the butterflies (also from Bee Crafty) were stamped onto a piece of card that had been coloured with distress oxide inks then cut out...


I added some Decoart liquid glass to the centre of the telephone dial and then poured micro beads over the top.  To create the hanger I used my crop a dile and added some eyelets and gold wire.

Here are the products used...

* Phone Dials
* Mixed Media Board
* Word Panels
Decoart Black Gesso
* Decoart Fluid Acrylics
* Decoart Liquid Glass

I hope you have been getting lots of inspiration this week, thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment