Friday 1 June 2018

Creative Artiste: 'Reel' Butterfly Tower

Hello!


The first Friday of June means that it is the start of a new challenge over on the Creative Artiste challenge blog!  Thank you for all the great entries last month and if you go over to the challenge page there is a post telling you all about the winner, click HERE for the link over.

This month our prize sponsor is Decoart!

 
For my design team project I have used a number of their great mixed media products to help create this floral tower...
 
 
Having finished some reels of wire and ribbon recently I really didn't want to throw those reels away, so I decided to use lots of my mixed media mediums to help alter them into a tower!
 
I started by attaching them (plus the dowel) together with heavy body gel, then coated the majority of the project with texture sand paste.  This was then left to dry completely overnight to make sure it was really sturdy...
 
 

Next I added crackle paste and art balls for even more texture...
 
 
Once this was also totally dry I added colour using spray inks from Lindy's Gang, then once I was happy with the colour I used gold gilding wax to bring out the texture...


To add decoration I looked through my crafty stash and chose paper flowers, sequins and gems that matched the colour scheme.  These were all adhered using glue gel...


Finally I wanted a butterfly to go on the top of my tower, so I stamped the large butterfly from Bee Crafty using gold embossing powder and coloured it in with marker pens.  Some gems were added to the body for a bit of extra sparkle.

Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my project.  I hope it has inspired you to enter the challenge this month, the theme is always anything goes as long as it is mixed media.

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment