Saturday 9 June 2018

Dream Catcher for Bee Crafty

Hello!

For my project today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I thought I would share another bit of art journaling.

I recently acquired a couple of the gorgeous new mandala stencils and I thought that they would look great as a dream catcher...


I started by preparing a watercolour page in my largest mixed media journal with gesso then used my brayer to add layers of Dylusions paints.  I used vibrant turquoise, fresh lime, lemon zest and bubblegum pink, and made sure that each layer was dry before adding the next.  Then I used stencils to add extra texture using the same colours plus some white gesso (perspective, honeycomb 3 and oval lace)...



Next layer was the stamping with the texture borders and texture circles.  These were used with archival ink which is ideal for adding over paint.  I also used a bit of paint in the centre of the circles to create a more solid feel.

To add extra dimension I used gold sparkle texture paste through the mandala 4 stencil.  Once I had completed this the mandala which was to be the dream catcher did not stand out enough for me, so I re-stencilled it onto some white card.  When that was dry I cut out the shape and added archival black ink around the edges and across some parts of the design.  I also added a punched circle to the centre with a gem for extra decoration...


After this the quill feather was stamped three times and cut out.  These were coloured with some slightly watered down Dylusions paint to match the background.  Once they were put into place I used one of the style wire borders to make extra fronds and also the hanging string...


To tie the page together I added extra black archival ink around the edges of the page to create a frame and then also to some of the sparkle paste to create a slightly more grungy feel.  Splatters of both watered down black and gold paint were also added across the page.

Finally I chose a sentiment that matched the theme which was stamped and cut into pieces before being inked and added to the final project...


To create this page I used the following products...

* Inkables - Mandala 4, Perspective, Honeycomb 3, Oval Lace
* Art Stamps - Quill Feather
Backdrop Borders - Texture Borders
Backdrop Stamps - Texture Circles
* Backdrop Borders - Style Wire Borders
* Wordage - Wake Wonderful
* Dylusions Paints
* Archival Inkpads

I hope you have enjoyed my interpretation of the mandala today!
Thank you for reading and happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment