Saturday 14 July 2018

Life Journal for Bee Crafty

Hello!

Today over on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing a project that I created for myself to use!  At the moment there is a real love in the crafting world for journals and notebooks so this week I decided to use my Bee Crafty products to decorate myself a wrap journal...


I started by prepping the board with white gesso and then used my brayer to add layers of Dylusions paints (Vibrant Turquoise, Fresh Lime and Pure Sunshine), leaving some areas of the white still showing through.  Next background stamping was added using archival inks and a mixture of texture and backdrop stamps...


Using the distressed harlequin d'inkable some crackle paste was added and I left this white to create some contrast to the quite busy background.  To create the focal pieces I chose some of the stamps that are elements that I really like or represent the idea of a journal (e.g. the pen nibs).  These were all cut out and then coloured with sparkle pens to match the background colours.  To make them more sturdy I added glossy accents and then left them to dry overnight...


Once these had all fully dried they were added to the cover using glue gel.  The dragonfly and larger cog were then stamped onto shrink plastic to create some charms.  These were added to some beads and jewellery findings to create the dangly accents that could then be joined to the top of the binding elastic...


The closure was created with some more elastic and then the notebooks added to create my final journal...


Here are the products that I used...

* Backdrops Border Stamps - Texture Borders
* Backdrop Stamps - Multi Mini Distressed Diamonds; Franking Marks
* Art Stamps - Dragonfly; Cogs Set; Nibs
* Wordage - Life Words 1
* D'Inkables - Distressed Harlequin
* Dylusions Paints

I will certainly be making more mini books as they are really good fun to decorate.  Thank you for looking and happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment