Saturday 1 December 2018

Cogs and Feathers MDF Tag for Bee Crafty

Hello!

After sharing quite a clean and simple card last week on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog, I decided to go all out texture and layers this week!
To do this I have decorated one of the MDF tags using lots of mixed media products...


To start I wanted to create some texture on the base so used the Perspective Circles Inkable with a light texture paste, then I added touches of sand paste onto the corners and edges for extra grunge!  Whilst this dried I chose 3 of the MDF cogs that I thought would fit nicely.  I had positioned different versions onto the tag earlier to help me choose which combination I liked best.  These were each coated with white gesso and some more of the sand texture paste added...


Once the pastes were thoroughly dry I painted the tag with white gesso then added white crackle paint to both the tag and the cogs.  These were then stuck into place on the tag using a strong white glue...


Next I wanted to add some colour.  I chose two acrylic paints, but to create more of a wash effect I put some of the paint on my mat and added water.  I also added water to the paint as I dripped it down the tag when I wanted it to be more translucent...



To add a metallic contrast I used silver gilding wax across the textured areas and then added silver micro beads with a heavy gel...


To complete the tag I stamped some small cogs and a selection of small feathers onto old book paper using archival grey ink.  The final touches were to then add a sentiment and some ribbon plus a few extra beads...



To make this tag I used the following products...

* MDF Tag (medium)
* MDF Cogs
* Art Stamps - Cogs Set
* Art Stamps - Assorted Small Feathers
* Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 1
* Inkables - Perspective Circles

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment