Saturday 19 January 2019

'Light Tomorrow' Canvas for Bee Crafty

Hello!

For my project today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am using some of the same stamps that I used for my art journal last week but this time have gone for a more textured and grungy feel...


I used a 12" x 12" canvas board to fit inside my box frame then adhered an 8" x 8" chipboard panel on top of it.  This was because I wanted to create a very textured border and have my main images in the centre panel with a patterned background.

I started by adding some texture sand paste to two of the outside corners then put into this some art balls and micro beads to create different sizes of 'grains'.  When dry this was painted over with white gesso.
Next I added some areas of white modelling paste which I pushed my mini distressed diamond stamp into.  However because the paste was either too wet or too thick it didn't leave a clear impression but did create some nice texture.
The final type of texture I added was some crackle paste which I added through the distressed harlequin d'inkable plus some extra paste added in other areas with a palette knife....

Once this was all thoroughly dry and white gesso had also been used to cover the centre panel I added brusho powders to colour the whole surface. 
I started with yellow, then sprinkled gamboge and brown.  I also added some turquoise for a bit of contrast. 
Where it was needed I spritzed on extra water and dried in between the layers, continuing to add more colour until I was happy with the look. 
To help the texture stand out I then used two tones of gold gilding wax over the different surfaces...


To decorate the centre panel I used a selection of stamps with archival ink to create extra interest and then repeated the use of the harlequin d'inkable with some gold paint.
After choosing some of the MDF cogs and a clock for dimension, these were painted with gesso then brushos added.
As I wanted my main images to match the rest of the project I used the same brusho powders to colour some card. 
Then I stamped the light bulbs and the sentiment with brown Versafine which I embossed with clear powder.
Once all of the elements had been cut out I used some rusty wire to attach to the MDF cogs for the smallest bulbs to hang from (I also added in an extra metal cog from my stash). 
Everything was then adhered using glue gel...


Finally I painted my frame with black gesso then added gold gilding wax to create a vintage feel before adding in the canvas.

These are the products that I used:

* Art Stamps - XL Light Bulb Circuit
* Art Stamps - Light Tomorrow
* Backdrops - Multi Mini Distressed Diamonds
* Backdrops - XL Script
* D'Inkable - Distressed Harlequin
* MDF - Cogs
* MDF - Clocks

I really enjoy finding different ways to use the same stamps as it really makes the most of them!  I hope you will get some of your Bee Crafty stamps out this week.  If you make anything do please show us in the Bee Crafty Stamps group on Face Book :)

Thank you for looking and happy crafting.

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment