Wednesday 30 January 2019

Weathered Frames Tag for Tando Creative

Hello!

This week on the Tando Creative blog the theme is 'Frames'.

I was inspired to use one of the technique tags that Di brought to HOCHANDA yesterday as my base, but wanted to use a range of other greyboard pieces from my stash as the frames.  What I added to my tag are some of the mini frames and also washers and other pieces that have a frame like appearance...


I started by putting my pieces together, sticking the frames where I wanted them.  Then once these were set I added texture using Decoart Texture Sand paste to which I added art balls and micro beads to create different sizes of grains...


After this I also added some of the Decoart crackle paste and then once all of these were dried I painted over with white crackle paint as this added a much finer type of crackle. 

To create the colour I decided to use Brusho powders as I wanted all the crackle to be able to show.  I sprinkled a selection of yellow, gamboge and brown powders then spritzed with water.  These were then added again in different amounts, gradually building up the layers of colour until I was happy with the final effect...


Next I stamped out the butterflies and sentiment from a Finnabair set and coloured with some distress ink.  To create more definition to some of the edges I used an archival inkpad and sponge to make them a bit darker.  Finally the pieces were added to the tag, using some of the circles as frames for the butterflies...


Here are the products that I used to create my tag:

* Tando Creative Tag
* Tando Creative Mini Frames
* Tando Creative Industrial Elements
* Decoart - Texture Sand Paste; Crackle Paste; Crackle Paint
* Brusho Powders

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. A great tag Jane. Love all the texture on the background and the Brusho colours too. The butterflies and other embellishments just finish the off the tag.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete