Saturday 16 February 2019

Butterfly Art Journal Spread for Bee Crafty

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I would like to share some art journaling with you...


Often when I start my art journaling spreads I do not have a defined idea of what I am going to do as I like to build up my spread in the direction that my feelings take me. 
However they usually do involve stencils and stamps at some point so for this spread I chose a selection of stencils and background stamps (not all of which I used) and after watching Bev's Try it out Tuesday this week on Facebook, I decided that Distress Oxide Inkpads were going to be my main medium. 
I decided on a colour scheme that I was drawn to that day and collected together different products that I had in those colours so that I could use them as needed.

I videoed my process and altogether the spread took just under one hour from start to finish (the butterflies were already stamped and cut out) however I have sped it up for you so the video lasts about 14 minutes if you would like to watch...


Here are a couple more close up photos to show the layers...



These are the products that were used:

* D'inkables - CirclesChevrons
* Inkables - Mandala 5Perspective
* Backdrops - XL ScriptDistress Diamonds
* Art Stamps - Dragonfly & Butterfly SetBirds and Butterflies Set 1
* Wordage - Better by Change!
* Distress Oxide Inkpads

If you go over to the Bee Crafty page on Facebook you will be able to replay any of the live technique videos that Bev has made so can catch up on any you may have missed.

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. Your layout looks great. It was lovely to see how you achieved the look.
    GG

    ReplyDelete