Saturday 2 March 2019

Vintage Butterfly ATC for Bee Crafty

Hello!

This week on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I wanted to create and share with you a mini piece of art in the form of an ATC. 

Artist Trading Cards are pieces of art that measure 2 and a half by 3 and a half inches, and they are usually made to be swapped with others.  However I have to admit that I rarely swap mine, unless I have made it specifically for that purpose.  I enjoy making them as sometimes it is a quick and less daunting way to create a project, especially if you want to try out new products or techniques, I then keep mine together in an ATC box and enjoy flicking through them from time to time.

Here is the ATC I made this week...


As Bev has been highlighting the use of Distress Oxide inks in her 'Try it Out Tuesday' Facebook lives I decided to use these for the background of my project.
 
* I pressed the inkpads onto my craft mat and added water before dabbing the ATC into it.  I did each colour a layer at a time, drying in between layers - Antique Linen; Vintage Photo; Walnut Stain; Fossilized Amber.  I sponged some of the darker ink around the edges to create a framing effect.

* Then I used the Walnut Stain with the XL Script to add some stamping to the background.

* Next I applied some clear versamark ink across the bottom right hand corner and added some vintage beeswax embossing powder.  Once this was melted with my heat tool I added more powder until it had been layered 3 times and was really thick, then I stamped into the molten powder using the script stamp.

* Once this had cooled down I added gold gilding wax across the texture...


* I stamped the butterfly form the 'Dragonfly and Butterfly set' and the largest nib from the 'Inkwell and Nibs set', both using sepia archival ink.  These were then coloured in the same way as the background using Distress Oxide inks.

* Then I added clear ink and vintage beeswax embossing powder to the butterfly, making one side thicker and stamping into that same side as I had with the background.  Again gilding wax was added to bring out the texture.

* I love how Bee Crafty have different sizes of sentiments, so the smaller version of 'Never Regret' from the 'Friendship Selection' was ideal for this project.  It was stamped in the same archival ink and Antique Linen and Vintage Photo inks used to colour it.  A gilding pen was run around the edge for a vintage look...


Here are the products I used:

* Art Stamps - Dragonfly and Butterfly
* Art Stamps - Inkwell and Nibs
* Backdrops - XL Script
* Wordage - Friendship Selection
* Distress Oxide Inkpads
* Archival Inkpads

There is lots of inspiration over on the Bee Crafty stamps group on Facebook and on the Bee Crafty page.  There is also a Facebook Live each Tuesday where Bev shows different stamps and techniques through demonstrations, do please pop over for a look :)

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. This immediately caught my eye, its stunning, I just love it, all the textures and the sentiment is perfect for it, never made an ATC but I may just do it, great inspiration Jane.x

    ReplyDelete