Saturday 25 May 2019

Pearly Florals for Bee Crafty

Hello!

This week on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I decided to use some alcohol ink backgrounds to create a card. 

Over on the Bee Crafty Facebook page last Tuesday I did a live video where I used alcohol inks and pearls alongside alcohol lift off ink. You can watch the video by clicking the link here...

https://www.facebook.com/BeeCraftyStamps/videos/430952624366863/

One of the backgrounds that I created during the live was with lots of alcohol pearl colours and at the time I wasn't keen on it as it seemed to be quite muddied to me.  However when I looked at it the next day the colours seemed much more vibrant and I really liked them so decided to use them within a card...


Here are the backgrounds that I created using the pearls in the Facebook live...


I used the doodle art sunflower heads (regular and XL) and the leaves from the regular dragonfly to stamp onto the backgrounds in versamark then heat embossed using silver powder before cutting them all out...


Next I needed to create a background for them.  I used blues to create a contrast of colour, adding stonewashed, stream and patina alcohol inks to a piece of 7" x 5" heavyweight Yupo paper.  Then whilst some areas were still tacky I added silver foil...


Using one of the texture discs I put alcohol lift ink through the stencil using a blending tool to create some lighter areas...


After this I used the script background with versamark and silver embossing powder...


Finally I added the flowers and leaves with foam tape and glue so that they were at different depths on the card and added one of the everyday sentiments...



Here are the products that I used:

* Art Stamps - Doodle Art Sunflower (regular)
* Art Stamps - Doodle Art Sunflower (XL)
* Art Stamps - Doodle Dragonfly (regular)
* Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 1 (regular)
* Texture Discs Set 2
* Alcohol Ink Pearls
* Alcohol Lift Ink - Reinker
* YUPO Paper

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx


No comments:

Post a Comment