Monday 21 October 2019

'Snowflake Tag' with HunkyDory Crafts

Hello!

I have a new project today using some products sent to me by HunkyDory Crafts.

Full disclosure: I have been given these products to review for free and to keep, however any views I have are my own and will be totally honest.

There is a video over on my YouTube channel showing the process of me creating this project which is a Snowflake themed tag, you can view it by clicking on this link https://youtu.be/4SAcZUXjwow


The products I received were:


* I started by using the watercolour card to create a tag.  The card is 280gsm and is a nice thickness but still easy to cut images out of.  It has a textured surface but is much smoother than other watercolour card I have used which made it ideal for getting a good stamped image on.
I used quite a lot of water on the card and it held up very well, flattening out completely once dried.  The surface remained intact throughout the use of water and ink spray and adding layers with the powders, ink and heat embossing.

* The glimmer sprays that I chose were Silver Dollar and White Frost.  These have a pearlescent finish with mica added.  You can see the mica at the bottom of the spray bottles so they do need mixing thoroughly and there is a ball bearing inside to help with this.  Both of the bottles sprayed my project cleanly and evenly but I would need to check them over time to see if this remains the case.  The silver is lovely and pigmented and gave a really good coverage.  The white is somewhat more translucent so if you are looking for a bright white ink that really stands out this may not be for you.  I used the white to create more of a water stained effect (you can see this in the video) but I have yet to try it on different card colours.


*  Next I used the embossing ink pad in two ways, one with the pigment powders and two with embossing powder.  I have a very sensitive sense of smell so the first thing I noticed was that the ink pad does have a very distinctive odour which I was not keen on.  It was not bad enough to stop me using it but for some people this could be an issue!  The pad seemed a bit less juicy than others I have used but it stayed wet long enough to use with the stamps and the powders, which both adhered to the ink successfully.

* Finally I also used the Sparkling Snowflake stamp set.  The stamps that HunkyDory produce are always good quality and these are no different.  You can see in the video and photos that they stamp out clearly and in detail, even when using pigment powder on top they are totally crisp. This set had a good selection of different sized snowflakes that all work together and also sentiments that are not only for Christmas cards but make good projects for any winter themes.


If you would like to see these products in action you can view the video at
https://youtu.be/4SAcZUXjwow

You can find all the products on the HunkyDory website: https://www.hunkydorycrafts.co.uk/
Or you can link directly to the products used by clicking on them here:

* Watercolour Cardstock
* Prism Glimmer Mists
* Embossing Ink Pad
* 'Sparkling Snowflakes' Stamp Set

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx


No comments:

Post a Comment